We live in an older neighborhood just to the east of town called Donelson. It’s very central to everything – 5 minutes to both I-40 and Briley Parkway; 15 minutes from downtown; and it’s easy to access all the best neighborhoods of Nashville. But Donelson, itself, has quickly become one of the best up-and-coming neighborhoods. It’s one of the least expensive parts of town, so everyone is starting to flock here. And in the last few years, we’ve gotten lots of hip new things. Check out the map below to learn about our favorite hip spots in Hip Donelson.
Reasons we love Hip Donelson:
- Easy access to the rest of Nashville. Super close to the Opry area, the Percy Priest lake area, and Downtown.
- Close to the airport and highways. Very centrally located.
- Quiet, safe, local. Not very touristy or overcrowded.
- It’s older so it’s not overdeveloped yet. But people are falling in love with the area, more people are moving here, and we’re getting more bars and restaurants!
- The Farmer’s Market is the 2nd largest in Nashville and always fun.
- Our property backs up to the property of the McCampbell House, the 2nd oldest house in Nashville.